This times a financial update in relation as to where the club wants to be in the near future.
A good appearance is essential for a club’s membership growth. To be more attractive the realisation of a number of issues were foreseen. However, due to the setback caused by the new water connection, a burden of 13,000 euros, there is much less or no money for these issues, such as:
- A container for the storage of the maintenance equipment. This material is temporarily stored on the side of the clubhouse with locker rooms. Letting this material set in wind and weather will increase the maintenance of this equipment such as tractor substantially. The cost of a container is around 1,750 euros. We do have a permit to place a container.
- A curb alongside the car park and the playing field. This will prevent sand and dirt from running into the car park. Costs 250 euros.
- Placement and purchase of defibrillator, needed to remedy an acute cardiac arrest during sports. Cost 1500 euros.
- Placement of foundation for the donated flagpoles. The intention is to show the following flags: Hoeilaart municipality, province of Flemish Brabant and the EU flag. These flags represent our strategic axes of the membership and our strategic position. Flag for our main sponsors. Finally, there is a flagpole available for the club colours. Costs for the foundation 700 euros.
- Construction of a three windbreaks with laurel shrubs, in order to break the wind that comes up from the new field to the tennis courts and playground. Costs are estimated at 1,500 euros for the shrubs.
All these things we will carry out as much as possible with our own labour but the material is needed. I kindly ask members to donate money to allow us to realize points 1 to 5. Send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let me know how much you are willing to donate money for realizing these 5 pounts.
I am convinced that this will increase the prestige and attractiveness of our club.
We must do it together with every member; no one else does it for us.